Check out this helpful link to help give you the tools to capture those
special moments this Merry time of year!
From preperation to photo booths....time lapse photos to group shots....
there's plenty to think about!
Photography Tips for Christmas:
1. Prepare - Making a List, checking it twice - Do you have your camera, batteries, extra memory cards?
2. A White Balance Christmas - pay attention to what kind of light you're shooting in....
3. Set up a DIY 'Photo Booth' - set up a 'Portrait Zone' where everyone gets their photo taken!
4. Capture the preparation stages - food prep, putting up decorations, setting the table...
5. Before and After Shots - from the same position...what does your locale look like?
6. Time-lapse Christmas series - set your camera up in a location and set it to take photos every so often!
7. Christmas Lights - can be tricky....click here to learn more!
8. Find a Point of Interest - find a focal point that has interest in a photo...
9. Fresh Group Photos - take a shot when everyone first arrives!
10. Opening Gifts - Shooting continuous Mode - switch your camera to 'burst mode' to get great series photos!
11. Fill Your Frame - of your subject by using your zoom or moving in a little closer!
12. Diffuse/Reflect Your Flash - if your images are too bright, bounce your flash off the wall or ceiling!
13. Go Macro - Switch to macro mode (usually the little flower icon) to get great close ups of ornaments or sweet in a bowl!
14. Watch Your Aperture - try throwing the background out of focus for a creative look!
15. Explore Your Neighborhood - Christmas Carol Services, houses covered in snow...